King of Card Games – Six Reasons to play Solitaire
You may know it as ‘Patience’, ‘Card Solitaire’ or ‘Solitaire’. Whatever you call it, Solitaire is a classic card game that has been around since the 18th century. These days’ digital versions and variants make it an easy game to pick up and learn at any age, no matter where in the world you are. Not sure yet if Solitaire might be for you? Well, here are just a few reasons that giving it a go could be one of the best things you do today.
‘Benefits for your mind and mood’
1. In some versions of Solitaire, the player cannot see the cards before they play them. Other versions have different systems. All these unique rules are great for improving your cognitive skills and decision making. Card games of this type can help develop strategic thinking, planning, and visual organization, all of which are all-important for long-term brain development. It’s like a workout for your mind!
2. Focusing on a game that relies on method rather than luck gives players a sense of achievement. It also makes us feel positive about ourselves and our abilities.
3. Card games are great for improving visual and manual dexterity. Shuffling, moving, and swapping cards are relatively simple ways to keep your hands moving. Focusing on creating order and sequences encourages the brain to actively seek visual cues, which can help improve visual memory.
4. If you find yourself feeling stressed and run down at the end of the day, Solitaire works well as a calming tool for many people. Being able to forget your worries and concentrate on a single task has been proven in studies to help reduce anxiety.
5. Having so many different styles and variations means Solitaire is a great game to teach others. Solitaire card games like Klondike, FreeCell, and Spider are all simple to learn and appeal to different abilities and ages. Great for building bonds and improving teamwork or communication with your kids, friends, or family.
Whether you’re a first-time player or well-versed with card games, Solitaire games offer a wide range of playing experiences. Quick to pick up and universally popular, card games fans have an extensive online community. So, turn on one of our online games and give it a try. You’ll soon be boosting your mood and having fun too.